Are you planning on being 1 of the huge crowds that will descend on retailers way before the cock crows this Friday? Some of the largest stores are opening Thanksgiving evening (is nothing sacred?). If you are, here are some Black Friday shopping tips to get you through:
1. Make a list before you go (like either tonight or early tomorrow morning) and try your best to stick to it. This will save you time and money.
2. Go for the electronics you want first. As you’re well aware, they go fast and furiously. I read there are a couple of guys that have been camping out in Best Buy’s parking lot since Sunday. Uh, a little excessive. Unless you have the same er, gumption, you may want to take a less strenuous strategy. Get in line as early as you see fit. You may or may not get what you’re going for.
3. To perhaps save you a lot of time, gas, anxiety and even bodily harm, after making your list, look for everything online. You may be surprised that you find them for either the same price or a little bit more, since online retailers are having Black Friday sales as well.
4. If you’re shopping for fashion, please, please remember to only buy things that are in your color palette/season and look good on your body type (shape). I know it’s easy to get excited and start grabbing everything (I’ve done it), but have some restraint and get only what you love and will use multiple times in the future.
5. Last but not least, no matter how good/tempting the deal, if you don’t have the budget for it, put it down and walk away quickly. Nothing is worth hurting financially in the future, whether in the short term or long term. Trust me, I’ve learned the hard way. I’ve purchased gifts/things I thought I absolutely had to have but it turned out as a burden and I ended up cursing the very thing I thought I couldn’t live without.